Uganda Peoples Congress
National Council Resolution
26 April 2008
We members of the National Council having received, considered and deliberated on Reports presented by the Party President, Secretary General and the National Treasurer HEREBY RESOLVE as follows:-
- To accept and adopt with appreciation the Report presented by the Party President
- To accept and adopt with appreciation the Report presented by the Secretary General.
- To accept and adopt with appreciation the Report presented by the National Treasurer.
- To urge all party leaders and members to continue all efforts to enhance unity and reconciliation in the Party.
- To recognize the need for UPC to cooperate with other political parties in Uganda to remove obstacles to the operation of a fully fledged multiparty and democratic system in Uganda, and to advance all matters of mutual national interest.
- To note and appreciate the tremendous work and financial assistance rendered to the party by the UPC Members of Parliament.
- To note and appreciate the generous assistance rendered to the Party by the International Republican Institute (IRI) and Fredrich Ebert Stiftung (FES).
- To register and honour all UPC members who die in the service of the Party.
- To register and honour all UPC members who render distinguished service to the Party.
- To urge all members of UPC and all Ugandans to protect the environment including planting trees and to grow enough food for food security.
- To recognize and support the Party President and National Party officials in the current negotiations to positively resolve the differences with the Milton Obote foundation (MOF)
- To urge the Party President and National Party Officials to ensure that in the negotiations with MOF,
- The relationship between MOF and UPC is regularized, rationalized and documented.
- The guidelines for MOF membership are streamlined to ensure that none UPC members are not admitted to MOF membership.
- To urgently explore ways and means of raising resources in additions to MOF grants.