Advisory Guidelines For Presidential Candidates
Any person intending to run for the presidency of the Party must submit an applicant in writing not later than 15th November, 2009 to the National Party Headquarters for the attention of the Secretary General stating the following facts:
- That he/she is a citizen of Uganda.
- That he/she is a member of the Uganda Peoples Congress. A copy of UPC membership be attached to the application.
- That he/she is a registered voter in Uganda . A copy of the voter's registration should be attached to the application.
- That he/she has "A" level certificate or equivalent. Copies of "A" level certificate or equivalent and other academic qualification should be attached.
- That he/she is not of unsound mind.
- That he/she is not holding or acting in any office, the function of which involves the conduct of elections in Uganda.
- That he/she is not a traditional leader as deemed in clause (6) of Article 246 of the Constitution of Uganda.
- That he/she is not adjourned or otherwise declared bankrupt under any law in force in Uganda and has not been discharged.
- That he/she is not under a sentence of death or a sentence of imprisonment exceeding nine months imposed by any competent court for a crime involving dishonesty or moral turpitude.
- That he/she has not been convicted of election related offences within the last seven years.
- Include a non refundable Ushs. 2,000,000 (two million shillings only) with your application as the required processing fees.