Uganda Peoples Congress
Plot 8-10 Kampala Road, Uganda House,
P. O. Box 9206, Kampala
Guidelines for UPC Bureaux and Envoys
15 May 2006
Foreign Bureaux And Envoys Guidelines
IN EXERCISE of powers conferred on the Party President under article 4 (10) of the Party Constitution, these guidelines are hereby issued to guide the formation and management of Foreign Bureaux and appointment of foreign envoys.
- Any ten (10) or more Party members in any country outside Uganda may establish a UPC Bureau.
- There may be established only one UPC Bureau in any city.
- Before opening the Bureau, the concerned UPC members shall seek written approval from the Party President.
- The leadership of the bureau shall comprise; an elected chairperson, a Secretary and Treasurer appointed by the Chairperson and two elected committee members. The elected officials shall serve for a term of two (2) years and shall be eligible for re-election.
- Each Bureau shall keep proper books of account for any funds received and used for the Party activities undertaken by the bureaux. In particular, the committee of the bureau shall maintain bank account(s) for the Party funds and ensure proper accountability.
- All existing bureaux are required to comply with these guidelines and in particular No. 4 and 5 above within six (6) months from the date hereof.
- The role and mandate of the bureaux shall be:
- To recruit new members into the Party.
- To mobilize UPC leaders, members and supporters outside Uganda to support and participate in the activities and programmes of the Party.
- To continue the UPC campaign for the establishment and strengthening of genuine multiparty democracy in Uganda.
- To carry out any special activities assigned by the Party President.
- The Party President may when appropriate appoint envoys to oversee the interests of the Party in any country or region.
- The foreign envoy shall:
- Populiarise the Party, its aims and objectives and interests in his or her areas of jurisdiction by engaging political parties, government and all stakeholders, individual or corporate.
- Coordinate his or her work with that of the bureau in his or her country or region of jurisdiction.
- Carry out any specific assignments by the Party President.
ISSUED at Kampala this 15th day of May, 2006.
For God and my Country
Miria Kalule Obote